sort by download category
- iFP-120 MSC firmware V1.0c
- download category
- Nov 4, 2004
- article content
iFP-120 MSC Firmware V1.0c
Read the following few lines before
upgrading your player's firmware
-. This is the iFP-190TC MSC (USB Mass Storage) firmware enabling you to view your iFP player as a hard
-. You will need to format the player as if it were a hard drive.
-. Please back up the iFP player's data because all your DATA will be erased during the firmware
-. Only if your PC's OS is Windows 98, you also need to install USB driver for your computer.
-. Click here to learn how to upgrade firmware
1. Work as removable drive.
You can download/upload your data from/to the iFP player without the manager program
- Windows98 doesn't support USB. You should install MSC device driver.
2. Display VOLUME LABEL
When you format your player and name the Volume label "iRiver" for example, 'iRiver" will be displayed on the player instead of "Root" as it did before.
How to use MSC version
1. Upgrade your player's firmware.
2. Format your player.
If you don't format your player after firmware upgrade, the message below will be displayed on your player.
Note : If you switch back to the iRiver Manager version, you will have to reformat the player before using the player.
3. Select "FAT" as the file system and choose "Quick Format".
You can't play your Audio files if you use FAT32 or NTFS.
(The format menu may differ depending on Windows OS.)
1) Select FORMAT by clicking on your removable drive (iRiver player).
2) VOICE and TUNER folders will be automatically created when the iFP player turned on after formatting.
If you format your player with a file system other than FAT, the LCD will display as below.
4. When you download/upload, the LCD displays "Transferring". When the transfer is done, it displays "USB Connected".
For Windows 98 ONLY
You may safely disconnect the player from USB when the player LCD displays "USB Connected".
- If you disconnect the USB cable before the LCD displays "USB Connected", the data transfer may
!!not completed and you may have incomplete files.
- Do not transfer files when the battery level is low. Use new or refresh battery to avoid losing data.
Other than Windows 98 ONLY
To disconnected the iFP player from USB, please use "Safely Remove Hardware" on the system tray and hardware device.